He is Director of NewEra Hospital, This dynamic doyen of the medical field is specially trained in surgeries for epilepsy and Parkinson’s disease. His area of interest remains to be functional & vascular neurosurgery. He has more than 5000 procedures to his credit and is an acclaimed figure in Neurosurgery & NeuroCritical care. He has vast experience in performing Surgery for Supratentorial, Infratentorial & Posterior fossa tumors, besides Surgery for neurotrauma & head injuries. He has a liking for Neurovascular surgery – Aneurysms and AVM. In addition to these, He routinely is into Trans-sphenoidal procedures, Epilepsy surgery, Functional neurosurgery, Stereotactic procedures, and Spine Surgeries.
Director NewEra Hospital & Research Institute, Nagpur, and Consultant Senior Neurospinal Surgeon.
WORK EXPERIENCE (RESEARCH)
• February 2012 to 2016 worked as Senior Consultant Neurosurgeon & Director Neurosurgery Department at Meditrina Institute Of Medical Sciences, Nagpur
• 2007 to February 2012 worked as a Senior Consultant Neurosurgeon at CIIMS Hospital, Nagpur.
• Aug 2002 - Nov 2003 Senior Resident. Bhopal Memorial Hospital& Research Hospital (BMHRC), Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India.
• Jan 2002 – July 2002 Lecturer in General Surgery. Sawangi Meghe Post Graduate Medical Institute & Medical College (Deemed University), Wardha, Maharashtra, India.
• Clinical tutorials to DNB Neurosurgery and Surgery postgraduates including practical training sessions.
• Teaching of surgery postgraduate residents on various topics.
• Lecturer in general surgery for six months after M.S.
• More than 5000 procedures to credit.
• Neurosurgery & neurocritical care
• Surgery for supratentorial , infratentorial & posterior fossa tumors
• Surgery for neurotrauma & head injuries
• Neurovascular surgery-Aneurysms and AVM
• Transsphenoidal procedures
• Epilepsy surgery
• Functional neurosurgery
• Stereotactic procedures
• Spine surgeries
• Intraoperative neurophysiological monitoring
• Agrawal N. R., et al., “Variant origin of Superior thyroid artery, Occipital artery and Ascending pharyngeal artery from a common trunk from the cervical segment of Internal carotid artery.” Surg. Radiol. Anat., Oct 2004.
• Agrawal N. R., et al., “Factors affecting the outcome after intraoperative aneurysm rupture of anterior communicating artery aneurysms” Indian Journal of cerebrovascular society.
• J Neurosurg. 2008 May;108(5):1028-32.
• Use of an inflatable balloon on a catheter to prevent subdural fluid collections after intraventricular tumor surgery: technical note. Agrawal N et al. Department of Neurosurgery, Central India Institute of Medical Sciences, Nagpur, India.
• Acta Neurochir (Wien). 2009 Nov;151(11):1493-7. Epub 2009 Aug 12.
• Cylindrical channel retractor for intraventricular tumor surgery--a simple and inexpensive device.
• Agrawal N et al.
• Department of Neurosurgery, Central India Institute of Medical Sciences, Bajaj Nagar, 88/2 Nagpur, India.
• World Neurosurg. 2010 Feb;73(2):123-7. Epub 2009 Aug 6.
• Stitch retractor-simple and easy technique to retract the brain.
• Department of Neurosurgery, Central India Institute of Medical Sciences, Nagpur, India.
• M.S. “Role of Honey in cellulitis ”
• M.Ch “Factors affecting the outcome after intraoperative aneurysm rupture of an anterior communicating artery aneurysm.”
• NSICON INDORE 2015
• Actively delivering lectures in a public forum ., Academies and CME
• ATTENDED HANDS-ON WORKSHOP IN BANGKOK 2014 on hemostasis
• NSI 2014 Coimbatore.
• N S I 2012 DELHI
• N S I 2013 MUMBAI
• delivered lecture on NEURONAVIGATION
• Epilepsy Update 2013 MUMBAI
• Spine update KOLKATA
• Delivered lecture in International Conference on Rejuvenation Neurochemistry:” Bedside to Bench and Back to Bedside “ on Brain tumors-current scenario at Nagpur in Jan1012
• Attended The 13th Asian Australasian Congress of Neurological Surgeons (AACNS) December 1-4 Taipei, Taiwan.
• Attended and actively participated as a delegate in the 1st International Conference on Controversies and Consensus in Neurosurgery September3-4, Mumbai.
• Delivered lecture at Military Hosp Kamptee on head injuries for a current medical update.
• Presented TV lecture in HALLO DOCTOR on Epilepsy surgery and Brain tumors.
• Presented scientific paper at 11th M.P. Neurocon, January 30-31st 2010.
• Attended NSI Lucknow Conference 2009.
• Attended the Basics and Training course in DESTANDAUS TECHNIQUE OF ENDOSCOPIC LUMBER & CERVICAL DISCECTOMY February 7-8, 2009 Kolhapur.
• Organised a national live spinal surgery workshop at CIIMS in 2008 as an organizing secretary.
• Delivered lecture in a workshop on ImmunologicaI, Molecular and Animal cell culture techniques, June 2-21, 2008 at Nagpur in Jan1012.
• Dec 2006, 55th annual conference of the neurological society of India,
• Madurai Paper title- “Factors predicting the outcome after an intraoperative rupture in anterior communicating artery aneurysm.”
• Sept 2006, International conference of Cerebro-Vascular society, Delhi, India
• Participated and presented a paper in the 6th ACNS 2006 Held from 27-29 January 2006 at Mumbai
• April 2006, Neurosurgery update at NIMHANS, 50 years and neuro endoscopy workshop, Bangalore, India
• Workshop on an update of Low Backache at SCTIMST, Trivandrum, India.
• Dec 2005, 54th Annual conference of Neurological Society of India, Vishakapatnam
• 6th Asian Conference of Neurological Surgeons and WFNS Education Course. Paper title- “Medullary Glial Tumors”.
• Workshop on the update of Low Backache at SCTIMST, Trivandrum.
• Dec 2004, 54th annual conference of Neurological Society of India, Indore. Paper title “Rare CP Angle Tumors”.
• Sept 2004, Vascular workshop at SCTIMST, Trivandrum, India
• Dec 2000, ASICON 2000 – Association of Surgeons of India 50th annual conference Delhi, India
• Aug 2000, Ethicon suture practicum, GMC, Nagpur
• National conference on “Breast Surgery and Advances” in Nagpur.
EXTRA-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES AND ACHIEVEMENTS
• Active member of lions club, and executive member of IEA, NOSA, IGMC old student alumni, Member of IMA, AMS, NEUROCLUB, Spinal surgeons of India, NSI, Academy of neurology India.
• Regular participation in IMA CME, AMS CME, Nagpur Neuroclub activities, and presentations.
• Regular participation and attendance in various Nagpur and Trivandrum Neuro Clubs.
• Presented talks for the American society of continuous medical education.
• Monthly meetings of Nagpur Neuro Club, Nagpur, Maharashtra, India.
• Won various Quiz competitions at school and district levels.
• President of the student association of Indira Gandhi Medical College, Nagpur.
• Member of voluntary blood donors Association, Nagpur.
• Participated in AIDS Day /Week at Indira Gandhi Medical College, Nagpur Dec 1995.
• Editor of the annual magazine of Indira Gandhi Medical College, Nagpur for 1994-95.
• Attended and Participated in All India inter medicos sports meet -1995
• Achieved distinction in General Surgery final MBBS.
• Well-versed with Windows operating system & medical statistics.