He is the Director of NewEra Hospital, He acquired his cardiology training (DM) from KEM hospital, Mumbai, and worked as an assistant professor in cardiology at KEM hospital Mumbai from 2009 to 2010. He is an interventional cardiologist with a special interest in newer modalities of coronary imaging like intra-vascular ultrasound (IVUS), OCT (Optical coherence tomography), and Fractional Flow Reserve (FFR). He has accrued expertise in dealing with complex coronary interventions from the radial artery route and is trained in bifurcation and left main PCI, Multivessel PCI, Rotational Atherectomy, or rota-ablation. He has performed more than 10,000 cardiac catheterizations including Angiographies Angioplasties and many more. He is also into Pediatric catheterizations – diagnostic as well as therapeutic in simple and complex congenital heart diseases. He is well versed with Therapeutic pediatric interventions like percutaneous aortic, pulmonary valvuloplasties, balloon coarctoplasty. percutaneous device closure of PDA, ASD, Interventions in structural heart diseases in adults including balloon mitral valvotomies, Pacemaker (single and dual chamber), CRT implantations. On the Non – Invasive Cardiology segment, He routinely performs Echocardiography including Paediatric, neonatal echocardiography, & Trans-esophageal Echocardiography with special expertise in TEE guidance during percutaneous interventions. He has many International and National Publications to his credit. One of these publications is on percutaneous closure of Ruptured Sinus Valsalva Aneurysm with duct occluder device.
Director NewEra Hospital & Research Institute, Nagpur and Consultant Interventional Cardiologist.
Past affiliations :
• Consultant Interventional cardiologist at Arneja Heart Institute (2010-2015).
• Assistant professor ( Cardiology) at Seth G.S. Medical College and KEM Hospital, Mumbai (2009-2010).
• Post DM Senior Resident (Cardiology) at Seth G.S. Medical College and KEM Hospital, Mumbai ( 2009).
• Resident (cardiology) at Seth G.S. Medical College and KEM Hospital, Mumbai (2006-2009)
• Resident (Internal medicine) at MGM medical college and MY hospital, Indore (MP) (2002-2005)
Technical expertise: Total experience in cardiology - 15 years.
• Invasive cardiology: consider myself a radial interventionist, for all diagnostic, therapeutic even complex procedures from the radial route.
• Special interest in the newer modality of coronary imaging like intra-vascular ultrasound (IVUS) and Fractional Flow Reserve (FFR).
• Expertise in dealing with complex coronary interventions from radial artery route and trained in bifurcation and left main PCI, Multivessel PCI.
• Rotational Atherectomy or rota-ablation.
• Primary PCI.
• Pediatric catheterizations, diagnostic as well therapeutic.
• Diagnostic catheterization in simple and complex congenital heart diseases.
• Therapeutic pediatric interventions like percutaneous aortic, pulmonary valvuloplasties, balloon coarctoplasty, percutaneous device closure of PDA, ASD.
• Interventions in structural heart diseases in adults including balloon mitral valvotomies.
• Pacemaker(single and dual chamber), CRT implantations Non-Invasive Cardiology.
• Echocardiography including Pediatric, neonatal echocardiography.
• Trans-oesophageal Echocardiography with special expertise in TEE guidance during percutaneous interventions,
• Special achievement: MHSSET 2006, 1st rank for All India DM entrance year 2006.
Publications ( International):
• Percutaneous Closure of Ruptured Sinus of Valsalva Aneurysm and Atrial SeptalDefect, J INVASIVE CARDIOL 2010;22:E82–E85.
• Planimetry of Mitral Valve Stenosis in Rheumatic Heart Disease by Magnetic Resonance Imaging, The Journal of Heart Valve Disease 2010;19:357-363
• Transcatheter closure of ruptured sinus of Valsalva aneurysm using the Amplatzer duct occluder: immediate results and mid-term follow-up, Eur Heart J first published online September 9, 2010 Publications (Indian journals)
• Aneurysmally dilated major aortopulmonary collateral in Tetralogy of Fallot Indian Heart J 2012 Mar-Apr;64(2):196-7. Epub 2012 Apr 28.
• LDL-cholesterol lowering activity of a blend of rice bran oil and safflower oil (8:2) in patients with hyperlipidemia: a proof of concept, double-blind controlled, randomized parallel-group study. J Indian Med Assoc 2010 Nov; 108(11):785-8.